Hit By Drunk Driver Lawyer

indiana hit by drunk driver lawyers

Drunk Driving Accidents

The law requires insurers to pay for medical expenses related to injuries from a car accident caused by another driver who was under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If you were injured in a car accident involving someone else's negligence, you could claim remuneration for lost wages, agony, enduring, and emotional turbulence.

Your rights to sue a negligent bar or restaurant

The law requires bars and restaurants to prevent intoxicated patrons from getting behind the wheel. In addition, if they know or should have known that the patron was drinking, they could be expected to take responsibility for wounds brought about by the drunk driver. If you were injured by a driver who was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash, you might be able to sue the establishment where he drank.

Criminal Charges

You might have to bear fines or jail time if you were convicted of DUI (driving under the influence). You may also lose your license and car insurance, depending on your state. Assuming the police observe that the driver who hit you is drunk because of liquor or another substance, the neighborhood examiner might bring criminal accusations against the driver. Considering the mishap and assuming somebody is genuinely harmed or killed, the expenses won't be more than a simple DUI.

An alcoholic driver can be accused of vehicular attack or bothered vehicular attack. Exasperated vehicle attack is explicitly for individuals blamed for hurting an individual or unborn child while working a vehicle affected by medications or liquor.

 Assuming that somebody is killed, the driver might be accused of vehicular murder. These charges are lawful severe offenses and can prompt super durable crook records, fines, and jail time.

While criminal allegations carry equity to those hurt, there is no financial advantage for those in question. Assuming that you were harmed and needed cash to cover your hospital expenses, contract, and different expenses of living, you should settle with the driver's insurance agency or record a standard suit.

Severe Injury Compensation

Suppose you were severely injured in a car crash caused by another driver's negligence. In that case, you might be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.

Minor to Moderate Injury Compensation

Suppose you have been injured in a car accident caused by another driver who was under the influence of alcohol or drugs. In that case, you might be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, and suffering, and other losses. The amount of money you receive will depend on several factors, including;

  •  the severity of your injuries,
  •  whether you were wearing a seatbelt,
  •  and the extent of the damage to your vehicle.

How to Get Compensation After a Drunk Driving Crash

If you were injured in a car crash caused by someone who was legally intoxicated, you might be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering, and other losses.

Calculating a Drunk Driving Settlement

The process of calculating a settlement will vary depending on whether you've filed a lawsuit or not. If you haven't yet filed suit, it may be best to consult with a personal injury attorney who has experience working with drunk driving cases. They can guide what to expect from the insurance company and help you determine if filing a lawsuit is worth your energy and money.

If you've already filed suit, then you should know that the insurance company will likely offer you a settlement based on the value of your vehicle. In addition to this, they'll want to pay out a certain amount of money for medical bills and lost wages. This means that you'll need a detailed list of all of your expenses so that they can calculate a fair settlement.

What You Can Recover in a Civil Suit?

Suppose you were injured in an auto accident caused by another driver's negligence. In that case, you might be able to recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. The recovery of capital would depend on several factors, including the severity of your injuries, whether you were wearing a seatbelt or not, and whether you suffered from preexisting health problems.

Hit By A Drunk Driver? Why You Need a Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer

The first step in filing a claim against a drunk driver is to contact a personal injury attorney. He will enlighten you through the process by reviewing your case and determining if it has merit. If so, they will take steps to protect your rights and pursue compensation for your losses.

You can consider Hoosier Injury Attorneys at Indiana for Hit by Drunk Driver Lawyer services. You can also visit our website hoosierinjuryattorneys.com for more information or booking appointments.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • What if I don't win?

There are two answers to this question. Your victory or defeat doesn't matter; what matters is that you filed a claim. If you don't win, you won't owe anything to anyone. You may be able to recover some costs associated with your medical care, but you won't owe money to anyone else.

  • Can I Sue a Drunk Driver?

Yes, but it may not be easy. To sue a drunk driver, you must prove that the defendant was legally intoxicated at the time of the incident. This means that if the police found alcohol in his blood after the crash, he would likely be off the hook. If they didn't find alcohol, you could still pursue a case against him.

  • Do I Need to File a Police Report for a Drunk Driving Accident?

The police report will serve as proof of the accident, but it won't affect whether you have the right to sue for compensation. If you were injured in the crash, you might want to consider filing a personal injury lawsuit against the driver who caused the accident.

  • Why You Need to Hire an Attorney?

If someone else's negligence has injured you, it may seem like you don't need legal representation. But if you want to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering, and other damages, you will need to hire an attorney.

  • Details
  • Incident
  • Aftermath

Free Case Evaluation

Call Today 24/7 Free Consultations
No Win. No Fee
1 (855) 765-1898

Our Local Law Firm Locations Near You

Hoosier Injury Attorneys
611 1st Ave NE, Carmel, IN 46032
XVMF+9R Carmel, Indiana
(463) 234-7763
Hoosier Injury Attorneys
17 S 6th St x 32, Lafayette, IN 47901
C485+MV Lafayette, Indiana
(765) 232-2479
Hoosier Injury Attorneys
619 Cherry St, Terre Haute, IN 47807
FH8R+W6 Terre Haute, Indiana
(812) 382-9242
Hoosier Injury Attorneys
11 Municipal Dr #200, Fishers, IN 46038
XX6M+JM Fishers, Indiana
(463) 234-7766
Hoosier Injury Attorneys
642 N Madison St, Bloomington, IN 47404
5FF7+26 Bloomington, Indiana
(812) 382-9879
Hoosier Injury Attorneys
4389 Long Rd #2, Columbus, IN 47203
63V7+J7 Columbus, Indiana
(812) 382-9249
Hoosier Injury Attorneys
5625 Sunnyside Rd #14, Indianapolis, IN 46235
V24H+H5 Indianapolis, Indiana
(463) 234-7774
Hoosier Injury Attorneys
3960 Southeastern Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46227
QW23+VF Indianapolis, Indiana
(463) 234-7776
Hoosier Injury Attorneys
2498 Perry Crossing Way #240, Plainfield, IN 46168
PJ6R+H3 Plainfield, Indiana
(463) 234-7786
Hoosier Injury Attorneys
3500 Depauw Blvd 1110 18, Indianapolis, IN 46268
WQCH+2V Indianapolis, Indiana
(463) 234-7767
Hoosier Injury Attorneys
1030 N Lincoln St Suite 2000, Greensburg, IN 47240
8GWC+XG Greensburg, Indiana
(812) 382-9254
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
Call Our 24/7 Hoosier Injury Attorneys Helpline Now
1 (855) 765-1898

Copyright © Hoosier Injury Attorneys. All Rights Reserved

This website is owned by Hoosier Injury Attorneys. We have offices throughout Indiana with attorneys licensed to practice law in the state of Indiana. Use of this site does not form an attorney-client relationship and information herein shall not be construed as legal advice. This website is to be considered as ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. Past settlement and verdict values are no guarantee of similar future outcomes. This firm may retain local counsel to prosecute cases. This website has not been approved by the Court of Appeals of Indiana or the Indiana State Bar. Cases may be co-counselled or referred to other firms for
SitemapPrivacy PolicyTerms Of Service